Manage episode 300877931 series 2831001
What a pleasure it was to speak with GAA Hall of Famer Sean Boylan, who after 21 years playing hurling with Meath decided to take up the mantle of the intercounty football manager for 23 years, winning four All Irelands, eight Leinster championships and three league titles. Over the hour with Eddie Scally , Sean discussed
- His recent battle with Covid
- Effects of Covid on players
- Getting appointed as Meath manager
- A hurler managing a football team
- Epic battles throughout his tenure
- Treating his players as adults
- How he kept things fresh and evolved
- Regrets / greatest days
- Finishing up - “It was like a wake without a body”
- His respect for Mayo
- Expects nothing between the last 3 teams anyone could win this years Sam but he hopes it’s .......
If you like what you hear, why not dip into the archives and listen back to some of the recent episodes where we deep-dive into careers of former Kilkenny hurlers Eddie Brennan, Noel Hickey, Brian Hogan, PJ Ryan, Paul Murphy, Peter Cleere, Eoin Larkin, Micheal Rice, Eddie Keher John Mulhall and Richie Power, Waterford’s Dan Shanahan & former manager Derek McGrath, Roscommon’s Frankie Dolan, All-Ireland senior camogie winner with Kilkenny Denise Gaule, Katie Nolan & Power, former Westmeath player John Connellan, Carlow’s Marty Kavanagh Niall Carew & Brian Tracey, Referee David Gough, Cork All-Star Larry Tompkins, former Galway All-Ireland winners Eugene Cloonan, Micheál Donoghue and Kevin Walsh or All-Ireland winner with Offaly Michael Duignan.
Better yet you can follow The Clash Act on your favourite podcast platform or log onto the KCLR app for fresh weekly episodes.
This podcast was brought to you with thanks to Morrissey Motors Kilkenny, the main Peugeot dealer for county Kilkenny since 1994.