The Freedom Formula for Physicians | How Doctors Cut Debt & Slash Taxes | Business Of Medicine | Financial Education
S6, Episode 3 - Jacob Vanderslice on Self Storage Facilities- VanWest Partners
Manage episode 302549571 series 2360913
Good to see be back! I know you are here to learn and to feed your brain something for your growth and I am so proud of you that you keep yourself improving.
Today, I want to give you an idea about a man who was once a firefighter but now a successful real estate investor.
He is the Principal at VanWest Partners, a Denver-based real estate investment firm focusing on the acquisition and management of self-storage centers and other opportunistic real estates throughout the United States.
I can't wait for you to learn more from him!
Let me introduce to you, Mr. Jacob Vanderslice. Welcome to the show, Jacob!
In this podcast, you will...
- Learn about Storage Facilities, and Prons and Cons of the asset class
- Discover the journey of Jacob Vanderslice from being a firefighter to Principal, Real state, and Finance
- How did Jacob learn real state? Was it hard for him?
- How did he start from it? Listen to his stories during one of his tough years and how he goes through it
- Jacob shares lessons and advice on how to survive during hard times
- What was Jacob’s zero-down kind of thing that happened to him?
- Learn about low-interest-rate environments
- Do Tenants live in Storage Facility?
- Discover the Positive and Negative side of having Storage Facility Business
- Jacobs explained about cap rates
- How Covid impacted his business
- What are the pros and cons of being a passive investor VS. an Active investor owner?
- Learn Jacob’s advice to people who want to start a self-storage business
- Discover the budget range on buying a square foot building
- Learn the Inflation rate in the Real state / Cash flow in the Real state
- Understand more about investing in real state
- Are the use of leverage fixed or variable?
- What is the potential danger of interest rate?
- How to avoid bad operator and how to spot a good one
Resources Mentioned In This Podcast
For all the show notes, and more, check out the podcast website at www.doctorfreedompodcast.com
Investment advice is only offered in jurisdictions where Centurion Financial Strategies, LLC (“Centurion”) is appropriately registered or exempt from registration. Our Form ADV Part 2 brochure can be obtained free of charge at https://adviserinfo.sec.gov by searching for our firm by name or its unique CRD number (316454). This podcast is not a solicitation to provide advisory services in any jurisdiction in which we are not appropriately registered or excluded from registration.
The information, statements, and opinions contained in this podcast have been obtained from or are based upon information obtained from sources which we believe to be reliable, but we do not warrant or guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of any such information. This podcast is intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as personalized investment, tax, or legal advice. Opinions expressed by any guest are their own opinions and do not necessarily reflect the firm’s views. You should carefully consider your unique financial circumstances and needs prior to making any investment in securities or purchasing any insurance products. Past performance is not indicative of future results. Investing in securities involves the risk of loss.
Insurance products are backed by the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company and may be subject to restrictions, limitations, and early withdrawal fees which vary by issuer. You should consider the charges, risks, expenses, and investment objectives of any insurance products before entering a contract.