ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Reframing Practice: Interview with Tim Hawk
Manage episode 331516146 series 2923058
Your career is not a set it and forget it thing. It's also not a recipe you follow. Architect and Educator Tim Hawk tells us why you need to constantly reinvent yourself, take on heart-led opportunities, align your passion with what people need, and embrace diversity by surrounding yourself with different perspectives.
- Think more broadly about your career possibilities instead of accepting what's offered and making the best of it.
- Reinvent yourself every five years. Embrace your personal evolution and align your career path with it.
- When in doubt, go with your heart. Doing what you love gives you energy and passion that you can apply to all the other stuff (which will get figured out even if you don't prioritize it).
- Make room for other people by getting out of the way. Let others rise into tasks you've outgrown.
- It's easy to get placed within a frame around colleagues who know you. Step outside of your frame by working in a different context where you are able to be more than what the people who know you see.
- Design for what people need and align your passion with that.
Get Career Crisis
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019