Vorsprung durch Technik
Manage episode 343818251 series 2930339
I don’t think that you can imagine just how excited Gerhard was to find out that Audi, his favourite car company, has a Kubernetes competence centre. We have Sebastian Kister joining us today to tell us why people, followed by tech make the process.
The right thing to focus on is the genuine smiles that people give in response to something we do or say. That is an important SLI & SLO for reducing friction between silos.
How does this impact the flow of artefacts into production systems that design & build cars?
Changelog++ members save 6 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Sourcegraph – Transform your code into a queryable database to create customizable visual dashboards in seconds. Sourcegraph recently launched Code Insights — now you can track what really matters to you and your team in your codebase. See how other teams are using this awesome feature at about.sourcegraph.com/code-insights
- FireHydrant – The reliability platform for every developer. Incidents impact everyone, not just SREs. FireHydrant gives teams the tools to maintain service catalogs, respond to incidents, communicate through status pages, and learn with retrospectives. Small teams up to 10 people can get started for free with all FireHydrant features included. No credit card required to sign up. Learn more at firehydrant.com/
- 🎬 Container Days - September 2022: A culture beyond SLA and T&C - Sebastian Kister, Audi
- 📄 How Audi provides developer self-service - April 2022
- 🎬 NGINX Sprint 2.0 - Nov. 2021: Audi Harnesses the Full Potential of Kubernetes with NGINX App Protect
- Celebrating 50 years of “Vorsprung durch Technik”
- Audi Digitalization
- 🚙 Audi Films: An Avant Story
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - Welcome
(01:00) - Sponsor: Raygun
(02:59) - Intro
(07:18) - What is it like to work for Audi
(10:53) - How the transformation happens
(14:50) - When projects onboard
(18:41) - Sponsor: Sourcegraph
(21:04) - What about the documentation
(25:09) - Learning from the engagements
(27:00) - Why Kubernetes
(29:54) - What runs here
(34:40) - Changing how people approach problems
(38:15) - Scaling up
(41:33) - How large is your team?
(44:01) - Importance of small teams
(47:33) - Sponsor: FireHydrant
(48:51) - Working in this ecosystem
(56:00) - Getting to the end users
(59:16) - The stuff you wish you knew back then
(1:00:47) - Big takeaway
(1:04:40) - Where will we see you next?
(1:09:30) - Wrap up
(1:11:34) - Outro