A Year In Business | Setting Up Within An Established Practice (Part 2)
Manage episode 271417228 series 2705822
We all study acupuncture and Chinese medicine in the hope that we may develop into the greatest of practitioners. However, we are often under-prepared for how to set ourselves up as practitioners after graduation, or we are perplexed as to how we can take our already existing business to the next level. Today, in part 2, we speak to Vicky Newman of Cherry Tree Acupuncture, who talks us through a year in business and setting up as a sole trader within an already established clinic. In today's episode, we discuss the following:
- Online – building your website and creating an online presence; social media, search engine optimisation (SEO), backlinks, and more.
- GDPR compliance.
- Clinic management software; accounting, appointment scheduling, automated confirmation/reminder emails, etc.
- Payment solutions.
- Doing your clinic accounts and submitting your tax return.
- Pitfalls to avoid during your first year in practice.
- Lacking confidence as a new practitioner.
- Keeping it simple: to CPD or not to CPD.
- The effects of Covid-19 on a new clinic.
Check out our show notes. We have created a FREE e-book – Yin & Yang.