Manage episode 292052158 series 1344203
In the 2021 State of Agile Coaching Report, experienced coaches were twice as likely to be external to organizations. Meaning they were consultants versus hiring a full-time employee. It raised some interesting questions to explore about the state of the field and what the future of agile coaching was:
- What are the reasons why a coach would want to stay an FTE versus becoming a consultant?
- Are there varied benefits to having both internal coaches as well as external consultants working in your organization?
- What exactly are the differences in both?
- Did the pandemic and quarantine specifically impact the agile coaching profession?
- If I'm looking to become an agile coach, what are the various paths I could take in order to get there?
Join host Chris Murman and a motley crew of people willing to take his verbal abuse to discuss this topic: Jon Schneider, Todd Thrash, and Stephen Kellogg as well as fellow AU board members James Gifford and Jay Horsecantspellhisnamecorrectly. It's an irreverent and uncensored conversation that lays open the challenges the agile coaching profession faces today as well as some hope for the future.
- If you enjoyed this episode, please give us a review, a rating, or leave comments on iTunes, Stitcher or your podcasting platform of choice. It really helps others find us.
- Much thanks to the artist Krebs from Machine Man Records who provided us our outro music free-of-charge! If you like what you heard, check out these links to find more music you might enjoy!
- If you’d like to join the discussion and share your stories please join Coalition.AgileUprising.com
- Looking for real-time interaction and conversation with other practitioners? Jump into the fray at our Discord Server!
- We at the Agile Uprising are committed to being totally free. However if you'd like to contribute and help us defray hosting and production costs we do have a Patreon. Who knows, you might even get some surprises in the mail!
Keywords: Coaching, agile, consulting, fte, w2, 1099, hiring