Manage episode 304140086 series 2841921
A lot is changing in Home Assistant land, and it's almost all for the better; we break down the essential items. Chris gets wired about energy monitoring and shares his journey to get miss-formated power stats working in Home Assistant's new Energy dashboard.
Plus, off-line YouTube backup, backing up iCloud photos, Tailscale feedback, and more.
- A Cloud Guru: Learn the Linux kernel. This is a standalone course, but it's also part of a learning path to prepare you for the LPIC-2 201-450 exam. From build to boot.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Backblaze Unlimited Backup: Get peace of mind knowing your files are backed up securely in the cloud with Backblaze.
- 2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons - Home Assistant — Anyways, about this release: Z-Wave JS is stepping up its game! If you have a Z-Wave network and are not using Z-Wave JS yet… well… it might be time to bite the bullet and go for it. You won’t regret it.
- Z-Wave JS - Home Assistant — This integration allows you to control a Z-Wave network via the Z-Wave JS driver. This is our recommended Z-Wave integration for Home Assistant.
- Home Assistant Amber | Crowd Supply — This flagship version of Home Assistant Amber is ready to go out of the box. It comes pre-assembled in a custom enclosure with a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4) and a custom heat sink for fanless, silent operation. The CM4 is a version without wireless and has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB eMMC storage, pre-installed with Home Assistant.
- Tuya Devices List
- Integration - Riemann sum integral - Home Assistant — The integration platform provides the Riemann sum of the values provided by a source sensor. The Riemann sum is an approximation of an integral by a finite sum. The integration sensors is updated upon changes of the source.
- integration example from Chris' configuration.yaml
- History Stats - Home Assistant — The history_stats sensor platform provides quick statistics about another integration or platforms, using data from the history integration.
- Utility Meter - Home Assistant — The utility meter integration provides functionality to track consumptions of various utilities (e.g., energy, gas, water, heating).
- History Stats and Utility Meter example from Chris' configuration.yaml
- Tubesync — TubeSync is a PVR (personal video recorder) for YouTube. Or, like Sonarr but for YouTube (with a built-in download client). It is designed to synchronize channels and playlists from YouTube to local directories and update your media server once media is downloaded.
- Gimme-iPhotos: Download media files from iCloud. — Downloads media files from iCloud in parallel