Episode 172: Engaging Skeptics and Their Objections [Part 2] with Dr. Timothy McGrew
Manage episode 358416064 series 2655939
Have you ever wondered why the Gospel writers included the details they did? Our guest this week on the Profile, Dr. Timothy McGrew, suggests that if we pay careful attention to the lesser details included by the authors of the Gospel accounts, we will see with greater clarity how the accounts interlock and compliment one another. These details offer but one further bit of evidence that the Gospel narratives are historically accurate and trustworthy.
- Watchman Fellowship's 4-page Profile on Atheism by Robert M. Bowman: watchman.org/Atheism
- Watchman Fellowship's 4-page Profile on Agnosticism by W. Russell Crawford: watchman.org/Agnostic
- Watchman Fellowship's 4-page Profile on Bart Ehrman by Rhyne Putman: watchman.org/Ehrman
- Watchman Fellowship's 4-page Profile on Divine Hiddenness by Daniel Ray: watchman.org/Hiddenness
- Tim McGrew and atheist philosopher Graham Oppy discuss their book, Four Views on Christianity and Philosophy, at the Atheist & Christian Book Club (YouTube): https://youtu.be/2gGvCl4Kbbs
Dr. Timothy McGrew is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Philosophy at Western Michigan University. He specializes in theory of knowledge, logic, probability theory, and the history and philosophy of science. He has published in numerous journals including Mind, The Monist, Analysis, Erkenntnis, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, and Philosophia Christi. His recent publications include the article on “Evidence” in The Routledge Companion to Epistemology, coauthorship of The Philosophy of Science: An Historical Anthology, coauthorship (with Lydia McGrew) of the article on “The Argument from Miracles” in The Blackwell Companion to Natural Theology, and the article on “Miracles” for The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Visit TimothyMcGrew.com.
FREE: We are also offering a free subscription to our bimonthly Profiles here: www.watchman.org/Free
SUPPORT: Help us create more content like this. Make a tax-deductible donation here: www.watchman.org/give.
Apologetics Profile is a ministry of Watchman Fellowship
For more information, visit www.watchman.org
© Watchman Fellowship, Inc.