ARCHITECTING Podcast - Career + Lifestyle Mentoring for Architects looking to move beyond overwhelm and make a difference through design
Are You Invalidating Yourself at Work?
Manage episode 337139953 series 2923058
Feeling like it's all work and no play? Like your job is just a frustration cycle? This episode explores how your struggle to feel seen and heard might originate with you. When you invalidate your needs or contributions, you set yourself up for less respect and more stress. Learn how to stop all that and feel good about work again.
- You are big energy- but you don't need to be in crisis mode to access that power, decisiveness and directness.
- Find small ways to assert your needs and abilities until you feel comfortable asserting in bigger ways.
- Never invalidate how you feel or what you can contribute just because it doesn't meet with immediate understanding or acceptance.
- Don't get triggered or sucked into someone else's story. Ask the questions you need to shine a flashlight onto issues.
- Determine your non-negotiables as let the rest go.
SIGN UP FOR WELLNESS FOR THE WORKING WORLD
We all need a reintroduction to our bodies- that thing we numb out ignore and drag along with us while we're busy doing imporant things all day. This five class series features experts in topics that make life better for busy working people. Learn how to feel better so you can do better here
Join the architecting community:
Interested in sponsoring a show or having me as a guest on your podcast or community? Stop here to get information.
Into/outro music Alive by Richard Wasson Copyright 2019