Manage episode 297315793 series 1409924
Today I’m joined by Dan Clark. He’s the CEO of Brain.fm which is an app that offers focus music. I had the opportunity to discuss the science behind focus music, how the brain works, what we can do to focus better, and other ways we can be more productive in our daily lives using scientific principles.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Get a $75 credit to upgrade your post at Indeed.com/tps. Offer is valid through Sept. 30, 2021, terms and conditions apply.
Read more and learn more with Literati. Redeem your FREE trial at Literati.com/TPS50.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/360.
- Top 3 productivity resources for this week. [3:03]
- Who is Dan and how did he become the CEO of Brain.fm? [4:10]
- How would Dan describe Brain.fm? [5:26]
- How does music work for different states of mind? [7:37]
- How quickly does Brain.fm work? [9:27]
- Does Brain.fm have any lasting effects on flow state and focus? [11:10]
- What does Dan recommend for people getting started with Brain.fm? [13:23]
- Who makes the music for Brain.fm? [20:45]
- How effective is Brain.fm in eliminating other productivity strategies? [24:27]
- How do Dan and his team measure the effectiveness of Brain.fm? [29:31]
- How is Brain.fm different from other sonic solutions? [32:24]
- What happened to Brain.fm’s lifetime membership deal? [35:08]
- What are some things that Dan does on a daily or weekly basis to stay productive? [36:11]
- How does Dan get through an incredibly unproductive week? [40:21]
Connect with Dan Clark
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.