Manage episode 295058045 series 2635757
This week on Babel, Jon speaks with Dahlia Scheindlin, a public opinion expert and international political consultant who has advised 8 Israeli elections. They discuss the deep divisions in Israeli society, where the new Israeli government can go from here, and how Israelis think about the changing nature of the U.S.-Israel relationship. Then, Jon, Natasha Hall, and Caleb Harper continue the discussion about Israel's diplomacy with the United States and the region.
- Dahlia Scheindlin, “Netanyahu's Greatest Achievement Was Convincing Israel He Alone Transformed the State,” Time, June 8, 2021.
- Dahlia Scheindlin, “The First Job for Israel’s New Government: Clean Up Bibi’s Mess,” The New York Times, June 3, 2021.
- Dahlia Scheindlin, “An anti-Netanyahu coalition government would suggest Israelis are ready for change,” The Guardian, June 2, 2021.
- Jon Alterman, "Three Political Crises Drove the Gaza Violence," Defense One, May 25, 2021.
- Transcript, "Israel's New Government," CSIS, June 15.