Manage episode 334172068 series 2869262
Welcome to Episode 82 of the Being Human Podcast: Changing the Rules: Creating a Catholic Standard for Mental Health
In this episode, Dr. Greg officially introduces the brand new CatholicPsych certification program! He breaks open what it is, what it isn’t, who it’s for, and how it will provide a more effective way to help others carry their mental health burdens.
Discussed in this episode:
- Overview of the new CatholicPsych certification and invitation to the Open House;
- The certification as a model of integration with a goal to help others become healthier, holier, and happier;
- Psychology as the intersection between our spiritual and physical lives;
- Why we need a blueprint for what it means to be human when it comes to helping people carry their mental health burdens;
- The importance of Pope St. John Paul II’s anthropology of the human person;
- The reason spiritual direction and psychotherapy should not actually be separate;
Resources mentioned or relevant:
- Register for the free Open House to learn more about our new certification!
- Learn about IDDM (Mentorship), our model of accompaniment;
- Need help? Schedule a free 15-minute consultation call with our staff to discuss how we can support you!
- Sign up for Being Human, our weekly newsletter, to stay up to date on the exciting developments at CatholicPsych;
- Become a member of the Integrated Life Community to get access to every course Dr. Greg has created, AND the opportunity to participate in Integrated Life Intensives: time-limited, group experiences covering topics like boundaries, communication, trauma, forgiveness, and more!
- Download The Integrated App for access to free audio exercises, the Catholic Mindfulness Virtual Retreat, courses, prayer resources, and more;
- Visit our website to read the CatholicPsych blog, shop in the CatholicPsych bookshop, or discover other resources we have available.
Contact us! Have a topic or a question you would like Dr. Greg to address on the podcast? Want to give some feedback about this episode? Email us at email@example.com - we would love to hear from you!
Rate, review, and subscribe
Please help us in our mission to integrate the Faith with Psychology by hitting subscribe and also sharing this podcast with your friends.
Please consider rating or leaving a review of our show. It helps us reach other Catholics just like you who want to become more integrated, whole, and happy human beings.
For Apple podcasts, click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate 5 stars, and choose “write a review.” Then type your sincere thoughts about the show!
If you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any episodes. Subscribe to the podcast now!