Manage episode 337162125 series 2869262
Welcome to Episode 86 of the Being Human Podcast: How Catholic is Your Spirituality? (Certification Series: Part 3 of 12)
This week, Dr. Greg introduces the first course on spirituality in our new Certification, breaking open the topic of integration and its importance in the work of accompaniment.
Discussed in this episode:
- How can this Certification help someone to become a spiritual director?
- Errors of Cartesian dualism and its impact on both secular psychology and our modern culture;
- Integration as the healing medicine for the disease affecting not only modern culture but the Church as well;
- An introduction to Fr. Benedict Groeschel and how his writings influenced the development of the CatholicPsych model;
- The overlap between not only spirituality and psychology but biology as well;
- How the anxiety or peace we feel in this life is directly related to our spiritual life;
- The danger of presenting objective truth in a way that is divorced from subjective experience;
- Catholic Mindfulness as a practical way to integrate spirituality and psychology.
Resources mentioned or relevant:
- The Mindful Catholic: Finding God One Moment at a Time by Dr. Gregory Bottaro;
- Spiritual Passages: The Psychology of Spiritual Development by Fr. Benedict Groeschel;
- The Art of Existential Counseling by Adrian Van Kaam;
- The Poco a Poco Podcast with the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal;
- Theology of the Body Institute courses;
- Past podcast episode on integration - Episode #41: What Is Integration Anyway? w/ Fr. Louis Merosne;
- Register for our next Open House to learn more about the new CPMAP Certification!
- Sign up for Being Human, our weekly newsletter, to stay up to date on the exciting developments at CatholicPsych;
- Learn about IDDM (Mentorship), our new model of accompaniment;
- Need help? Schedule a free 15-minute consultation call with our staff to discuss how we can support you!
- Download The Integrated App for access to free audio exercises, the Catholic Mindfulness Virtual Retreat, courses, prayer resources, and more;
- Become a member of the Integrated Life Community to get access to every course Dr. Greg has created, AND the opportunity to participate in Integrated Life Intensives: time-limited, group experiences covering topics like boundaries, communication, trauma, forgiveness, and more!
- Visit our website to read the CatholicPsych blog, shop in the CatholicPsych bookshop, or discover other resources we have available.
Contact us! Have a topic or a question you would like Dr. Greg to address on the podcast? Want to give some feedback about this episode? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we would love to hear from you!Rate, review, and subscribe
Please help us in our mission to integrate the Faith with Psychology by hitting subscribe and also sharing this podcast with your friends.
Please consider rating or leaving a review of our show. It helps us reach other Catholics just like you who want to become more integrated, whole, and happy human beings.
For Apple podcasts, click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate 5 stars, and choose “write a review.” Then type your sincere thoughts about the show!
If you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss out on any episodes. Subscribe to the podcast now!