Manage episode 295026384 series 2106165
In this week’s episode of Board Gaming with Education, Dustin is joined by Jenny Varrichio to discuss game-based learning and using it as a tool for formative feedback. Jenny shares insights into her research as to how we can leverage game-based learning in our classrooms with our learners. This is a perfect episode for diving into the reasons why and how to create an environment for the successful use of game-based learning. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get more content from Board Gaming with Education!
- Episode Topics
- Board Gaming with Education - Board Game Crates - 00:00
- Who is Jenny Varrichio? - 1:17
- Defining Game-Based Learning and Formative Feedback - 5:22
- Exploring the Topic Further-- Looking at Research in the Field - 7:18
- Why Game-Based Learning as Formative Feedback - 12:38
- Dustin Challenges Jenny to a Game of Concept - 23:58
Get your board game crate now!
Check out our board game store for a curated collection of board games for learning at home and in the classroom: https://www.boardgamingwitheducation.com
Thank you to Purple Planet Music for the wonderful contribution of their song "Retro Gamer" for our Interview Segment. This song can be found in full on this music archive. Also, thank you to Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) for his creative commons 4.0 contribution of "Getting it Done" for our Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down Rapid Fire Round.