Manage episode 297331069 series 2106165
In this week’s episode of Board Gaming with Education, Dustin is joined by William Brown from The Hungry Gamer to discuss how he has used tabletop games in the classroom. He talks about several examples as well as dives into one specific example of how he used Thousand-Year-Old Vampire to teach writing. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get more content from Board Gaming with Education!
- Episode Topics
- Board Gaming with Education - Board Gaming with Education Store - 00:00
- Who is William Brown? - 1:50
- Defining Tabletop Games - 4:13
- Examples of Games for the Classroom - 7:07
- Benefits and Pitfalls of Games in Class - 14:23
- Thousand-Year-Old Vampire a Creative Writing Game for Teaching Writing - 17:45
- Board Game Project- 38:14
- Dustin Challenges William to a Game of Wavelength - 40:31
Check out our board game store for a curated collection of board games for learning at home and in the classroom: https://www.boardgamingwitheducation.com
Thank you to Purple Planet Music for the wonderful contribution of their song "Retro Gamer" for our Interview Segment. This song can be found in full on this music archive. Also, thank you to Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) for his creative commons 4.0 contribution of "Getting it Done" for our Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down Rapid Fire Round.