Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on October 07, 2020 09:26 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 250346623 series 52385
This month's episode of Books and Ideas is an interview with astronomer Brian Keating about his memoir Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science's Highest Honor. His book is a first hand look at the hard work behind the scientific effort to determine how the universe really began, but as the title implies, it also contains a candid account of how striving for the Nobel Prize can be both motivating, but strangely counterproductive.
Links and References:
- Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science's Highest Honor by Brian Keating
- Plesae complete a brief audience survy.
- Send email to email@example.com or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- Please support Books and Ideas via Patreon at http://patreon.com/booksandideas.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Books and Ideas in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
Connect on Social Media: