How to Train Future Staff (aka your campers!) - Camp Code #97
Manage episode 315355919 series 3013823
Find full show notes and links at: https://camphacker.tv/camp-code/train-future-staff-campers
Take a look at your campers, can you spot the next program director?
The gang’s all here! Join Ruby, Beth and Gabz to hear about their best practices when it comes to searching for staffing talent in your camper pool and empowering them to be the future decision-makers at camp.
It’s like a crystal ball except you have a say over the outcome!
Tune in to hear about:
- Why is it important to provide leadership training opportunities to campers?
- How can we start thinking about this now?
- What are some practical tips and tricks for every age of camper?
- How to help campers reflect and process the experiences that you are providing to them.
We hope you love this episode of Camp Code! If you do, please consider subscribing to the show, and leaving us a rating in your Podcast app. It’s SO easy, just head to https://ratethispodcast.com/campcode
Best Practice for Leadership Training
From Ruby Compton
Burn ban campfire - Nalgene + Headlamp “logs” and warm glow twinkle lights. Create the ambiance and magic of a campfire, no matter where you are or how great you are at building an actual fire!
- Beth Allison, Camp Consultant - Go Camp Pro
- Ruby Compton, Chief Exploration Officer - Ruby Outdoors
- Gabrielle Raill, Camp Director - Camp Ouareau
Thanks to our sponsor…
Wouldn’t it be refreshing if your registration software gave you MORE time? With UltraCamp, you can track attendance, manage staff applications, streamline registration, and much more. Get back the time you need to focus on what is really important: CAMP! Find out more at ultracampmanagement.com/campcode/
Put your hand up to speak at the Women in Camp Summit! https://www.womenincampsummit.com/call-for-proposals