What to Do When Your Lose Your Dream Team - Camp Code #104
Manage episode 324024710 series 3013823
Find full show notes and links at: https://camphacker.tv/camp-code/lose-your-dream-team
It’s one of those, not “if” but “when” types of situations…
As camp directors, we’ve all had THAT summer where many of our senior staff and our reliable leaders have started their life beyond camp. When we lose our reliable staff, we have to reset and revisit our needs at camp. Beth, Gabz and Ruby have all been there and have curated a to-do list to help leaders adjust for a summer with new staff.
Below are a few highlights and to take in all the insights. Have a listen today!
- Revisit your job descriptions and evaluate the needs of what you are looking for
- Adjust the positions and required training to meet your realities
- Reach out to those dream team employees to learn what did/did not work
- Leverage online meetups to train new members of your team and develop your foundation
- Prepare to provide extra support to new leaders
- Use mentorship (previous staff members) who can come in to support the new leaders
- Consider dynamic duos for leadership roles
We hope you love this episode of Camp Code! If you do, please consider subscribing to the show, and leaving us a rating in your Podcast app. It’s SO easy, just head to https://ratethispodcast.com/campcode
Best Practice for Leadership Training
Before Gabz comes to camp, she writes down the names of staff members on a thank you card and then set a timeline on when she needs to distribute them. Writing the names at the beginning of camp training helps keep her accountable on reflecting and thanking each of her staff members and recognizes how grateful she is to be surrounded by your staff.
- Beth Allison, Camp Consultant - Go Camp Pro
- Ruby Compton, Chief Exploration Officer - Ruby Outdoors
- Gabrielle Raill, Camp Director - Camp Ouareau
Thanks to our sponsor…
Wouldn’t it be refreshing if your registration software gave you MORE time? With UltraCamp, you can track attendance, manage staff applications, streamline registration, and much more. Get back the time you need to focus on what is really important: CAMP! Find out more at ultracampmanagement.com/campcode/
Put your hand up to speak at the Women in Camp Summit! https://www.womenincampsummit.com/call-for-proposals