Manage episode 357756137 series 2898713
In today’s episode, we are joined by Chelsea Conaboy & Dr. Jodi Pawluski. We discuss all things parent brain - if you’re not sure what that is, this episode is for you.
- Why is it important to talk about the postpartum period and the brain?
- Is “mommy brain” negative?
- Does parenting keep you young?
- Does a father or non-birthing parent’s brain change when their child is born?
- Is parental leave adequate around the world?
- What is the “perfect mother myth”
- Do we really need the village to raise our children?
- Is it normal to be stressed and depressed as a new parent?
- What kind of support exists in the US and Canada for mothers and fathers?
- What is “mom rage”?
- Is it normal to have intrusive thoughts about how your child will get hurt?
- What is the definition of the postpartum period?
- #1 tips for new parents from Chelsea and Jodi
Chelsea’s book: Mother Brain
After the Storm: Postnatal Depression and the Utter Weirdness of New Motherhood - Emma Jane Unsworth
Please leave a rating for our podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS! Get some discounts using the links below
Thank you to our supporter the Tanenbaum Open Science Institute at The Neuro. The Neuro is the first health sciences institution in the world to commit to Open Science, an approach to research that ensures scientific knowledge is shared widely and transparently.
Pok Pok is a collection of digital toys that spark creativity and learning
through open-ended play. Click on the link below to get 50% off an entire year of this amazing open-ended play app for kids!
BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service, and it’s 100% online. With BetterHelp, you get the same professionalism and quality you expect from in-office therapy, but with access to a huge network of therapists, more scheduling flexibility, and a more affordable price. Click the link below to get 15% off the first month of therapy http://www.betterhelp.com/curiousneuron
Holstee Inspiration and tools to help you live a more meaningful life. Membership, reflection cards for kids and adults: https://www.holstee.com/?ref=curiousneuron...