Manage episode 354475429 series 3345144
AHHH this episode has been so long in the making and I am so excited to finally welcome Michelle Shapirord to the podcast - I know you'll love her too. Michelle and I connected on Instagram about 2 years ago, in our DM's to eachother we dive deep into the nuances of nutrition and finding the middle ground between 'diet culture' and 'body positivity'. We just knew we had to bring this conversation to you ✨
Michelle is an integrative functional registered dietitian from New York City. Michelle started her professional journey to be a dietitian because of her own personal story through weight loss and diet culture. Michelle is an incredible and passionate professional who cultivates a safe space with her clients and supports them to lovingly find their inner voice and authentic health. On her Instagram she cuts through the diet culture BS and explains the nuances that live within the nutrition space!
In this episode we unpack...
- the polarity of social media 'diet culture' vs 'intuitive eating'
- how you can lovingly lose weight - how do we land in the 'middle ground'?
- I left 'diet culture'...now what?
- why 'healing your relationship with food' is a STEP in the journey, it's not the whole journey when it comes to finding your authentic health
- how to find your 'inner voice' and why reflection is key!
- how to give yourself permission to find what works for you without the 'all or nothing' mentality
- the cycle of nutrition trends and 'cults' and why the best 'diet' for you is unlikely to be 'trendy'
- and so much more!
If this episode resonated with you, please share it with those you love and help me have more impact by writing a review of the podcast ✨
All my love