Manage episode 329800994 series 2625030
TRIGGER WARNINGS: Abuse, O-word, biohacking and my disordered body building behaviours, derogatory use of the word, "fat"
This week on the podcast I have a chat with my friend Chavonne about Vinny Welsby's book, Fierce Fattie. I did something I rarely do and just had a chat with my friend, no discussion questions, no intense preparation, just a good old-fashion chin wag! We laughed, we got reflective and hopefully we provided you with things to think about.
In this conversation I chat with Chavonne about:
- Chavonne's new podcast adventure
- Initial overall thoughts about the book
- What we liked about the book
- The value of The Life Audit
- Cake and why we're hungry now
- The connection between the TedX talk and the book
- How watching commercials can wreck havoc on our body liberation journeys
- Brain trenches
- The subtlety of diet culture
- The humour in the darkness
- Life lessons that impact our body liberation work
- What we will take away from this book
- Reading this book through a lens of current events
- Who we recommend this book to
- Body or food grief
Keep reading everyone!
Fat Girl Book Club Links