Manage episode 304900186 series 2355391
Do you think you’re getting the most out of yourself as an athlete?
Do you think you’re performing as well as you could?
Do you think you could be getting more out of yourself?
In this episode we’re going to go through the top 10 ways to improve yourself as an athlete, and show you how you can get closer to your athletic potential.
When discussing this podcast topic we had about 70 answers, but we came up with the top 10 to help you
Keys to the episode:
- Why improving your swim technique could be important injury prevention
- The first thing you need to do: upgrade your engine!
- Once you’ve got a bigger engine, how do you make sure you’re using it to its capacity?
- How to make sure you’re training program doesn’t become stale
- An easy win that has nothing to do with training
- The 8 hour training session! (Hint: we all do it)
- Do everything in your power to avoid these two things
- The training session that you know you need to do
- The one thing we do more than any other coaching group
- Pay attention to your body
- When should you train to feel?
- How well do you cope when things go wrong?
- The secret of the mental coin jar
- Our personal challenge to you
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. Your hosts are Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly coaching email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
Some of you might already be in there, but many of you won’t be and so this is our official invitation for you to come and join our free community: www.facebook.com/groups/trivelocoaching
Check us out on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trivelocoaching/
Want access to Gerard's Famous Monthly Coaching Newsletter?
Disclaimer: The Content in this podcast is in no way intended to be medical advice, treatment or diagnoses. None of our Content is intended to imply that any products mentioned, remedies or information provided are intended to prevent, diagnose, cure or alleviate a disease, ailment, defect or injury or should be used for therapeutic purposes. The Content is intended to assist you with running, cycling, swimming or triathlon and should not be substituted for medical advice by your healthcare professional. We do not accept any liability for any injury, loss, or damage incurred by the use or reliance on our Content.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.