Manage episode 287445491 series 2355391
This week we got to sit down with one of Australia’s greatest runners, Steve Moneghetti.
He is a 4x Olympian with a best place of 5th, a gold, silver and 2x bronze medalist at the commonwealth games, a best place of 3rd at the marathon world championships, a marathon PB of 2:08:16 and his iconic City2Surf course record still stands 29 years later!
The stories, lessons and training philosophies that Steve has are remarkable to say the least.
We spent every second of this hour long podcast soaking up every bit of information we could.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Key points of the episode:
- Why running is so amazing
- The story of the famous ‘Mona Fartlek’ and how it was created
- Mona’s typical training week
- What running for your country means
- How important your desire is to achieve your goal
- How to best prepare for your big races
- The subtle changes Steve made leading into his championship races
- The one major principle responsible for his success
- Why you need to race more!
- How Steve did the same program for 2 decades
- The biggest challenge of his career
If you want to learn how to TRAIN SMARTER and RACE FASTER, you can join our weekly email, just go to: getfastpodcast.com
The Get Fast Podcast is brought to you by TriVelo Coaching, where we help triathletes and cyclists like you, Train Smarter to Race Faster. You are joined as always by your hosts, Australian Triathlon Ironman Champion and HEAD COACH of TriVelo Coaching Gerard Donnelly, and his son Jordan Donnelly.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.