What is MedTech Lifecycle Excellence?
Manage episode 351722228 series 1017311
Why is the state of MedTech culture and tools the way it is? How should the industry be thinking about moving away from generic compliance and toward MedTech Lifecycle Excellence?
Jon Bergsteinsson, co-founder of SMART-TRIAL by Greenlight Guru, is a MedTech professional and clinical affairs expert. Jon is also involved in educating and helping the MedTech industry get safe and effective devices to market faster and more efficiently.
Listen to the episode to learn more about how MedTech is different from pharmaceuticals and other similar fields in the industry, why it’s important to look at the entire lifecycle of a medical device, and where the MedTech industry is going.
Some of the highlights of this episode include:
- The gap that medical device technology companies experience
- How regulations are changing and how it could help the industry
- What could be accomplished by pursuing MedTech Lifecycle Excellence
- How people in the industry feel about sharing information
- Where the MedTech industry should be going
- Keeping talent in the MedTech industry and drawing more talent into the field
Memorable quotes from Jon Ingi Bergsteinsson:
“When you start working in MedTech, and you have experience from other parts of the life science industry, you start to realize how different it is from pharmaceuticals and other similar product developments like biotech, for example.
“It’s easier to innovate medical device technology.”
“Ease of use has a lot to do with the fact that you haven’t involved your end users well enough, or you haven’t involved the right end users.”
“When it really comes down to it, you can’t really help or facilitate growth and development in the industry without experiences and insights from other industries.”