Manage episode 340446234 series 3327436
Hello, Podwalkers, and welcome back to another episode of the Goblin Lore Podcast! We wanted to let everyone know that September is Suicide Awareness/Prevention Month. As promised, we keep Mental Health Links available every episode. But For general Mental Health the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) has great resources for people struggling with mental health concerns as well as their families. We also want to draw attention to this article on stigma from NAMI's site.
On today's episode Hobbes is joined by Sheldon Menery the Godfather of EDH. As many may know Sheldon has been in a battle with cancer for going on 6 years. Hobbes and Sheldon discuss how this can affect his ability to engage in Magic, any changes in his relationship with the game and the community as well as the concept of legacy. We discuss acceptance and the concept of intentionality and engagement. Finally Sheldon encourages people to come to the RC Discord, the best place to find him these days.
Again we would like to state that Black Lives Matter
We also are proud to have partnered with Grinding Coffee Co a black, LGBT+ affiliated and owned, coffee business that is aimed at providing coffee to gamers. You can read more about their mission here. You can use our partner code for discounted coffee!
We also finally have a Linktree with all of our discounts/resources including the fact that Hobbes is now a Brand Amabassador for Quiver
If you’re thinking about suicide or just need someone to talk to right now, you can get support from any of the resources below.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988
- Veteran's can Press 1 at anytime to be taken to the Veteran's Line
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741-741
- International suicide hotlines: A comprehensive resource list for people outside the US.
- IMAlive: Click Chat Now to access a live online network of volunteers through instant messaging.
- TrevorLifeline, TrevorChat, and TrevorText (LGBTQ+ crisis support): 1-866-488-7386, or text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200
- Trans Lifeline (US): (877) 565-8860