Manage episode 298701318 series 1662344
This week on Inside the Headset, we are featuring University of Dayton’s Assistant Coach, Jeris Getter. Coach Getter discusses his journey with cerebral palsy, highlights the importance of building lasting relationships with players, and explains his why.
Jeris Getter is entering his second season at the University of Dayton as Assistant Defensive Coach, Scout Special Teams and Scout Offense. He is a 2017 Indiana University East graduate, where he earned his bachelors in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing and minor is Sports Marketing and Management. Currently he is attending graduate school at Ohio University studying Coaching Education.
Previously Getter was an Assistant Football Coach at Earlham College from May 2017 to November 2018. At Earlham, he had various positions that included coaching defensive line, defensive backs and linebackers.
- [0:25] Start of Interview
- [0:50] Coaching with cerebral palsy
- [2:02] Personal football journey
- [5:36] Building strong relationships with players
- [11:58] Not letting others define you
- [15:31] Advice for people who want to coach but feel as if they don't "fit the mold"