170: Your Body is NOT a Trend!
Manage episode 347005431 series 2398872
It's bad enough that 90's fashion has made a return. Walking through the clothing section right now gives me middle school flashbacks. I've had enough sunflowers, CK One, butterfly clips, and body glitter to last a lifetime. Another thing the 90's gave us besides questionable fashion choices? Eating disorders, body image issues, and a generation of insecure women addicting to the yo-yo diet/body hate shame cycle. That's why I went OFF when I saw that "heroin chic" was trending in the headlines again. Our bodies are not trends. We already did this in the 90's. We didn't know better. We know better now. In this episode, I'm going in on the fashion industry and talking about why we need to call this shit out.
Important Links Mentioned
- Get the show notes
- Head over to the free Irresistible You Podcast Discussion Group to continue the conversation about this episode and more!
- Go behind the scenes with me on IG @IrresistibleIcing
- Want to work with me? Learn more about the Irresistible You Group Coaching Program and enroll.
- Support the podcast by leaving a free rating & review on Apple Podcasts or buy me a coffee.
- Submit your episode ideas and questions here!