Manage episode 346711244 series 2930761
It's wild to me that this still exists in coffee. The idea that we can throw a new hire in to the mix of a shift in a new cafe and expect that they will prove themselves as being valuable based on if they fail or thrive.
On today's Shift Break we will be talking about why this "sink or swim" mentality is glorified laziness, culturally dangerous, and what we should be doing as leaders to train our people.
Related episodes you need to hear:
- Unofficial Trainers & Fair Compensation
- 339 : What Good Barista Training Produces
- 301 : Hiring and Training for Excellence
- 296: Holistic Barista Training w/ David Castillo of Go Get Em Tiger , Los Angeles
- 235 : 4 Tips for Training your Staff
Like the episode? Subscribe, share, and rate the show!
Visit these amazing sponsors!
The best espresso machines in the world!
Custom branded mobile apps for your shop!