Manage episode 309659581 series 1176352
How do we build better workplaces in the current climate we live in? Listen as our guest today shares practical ways that you can treat your employees so that they feel valued and are more likely to be engaged, productive and stay with your company longer.
Scott Behson, PhD is a professor of management and Silberman Global Faculty Fellow at Fairleigh Dickinson University. He is a national expert in work and family issues and the author of: The Whole-Person Workplace: Building Better Workplaces Through Work-Life, Wellness and Employee Support. Scott was a featured speaker at the United Nations’ International Day of the Family and the White House’s Summit for Working Families. He has published over 30 academic journal articles and book chapters, presented over 50 times at national and international conferences, and won eight awards for his teaching, research and service to students.
Scott has written for Harvard Business Review, TIME, Fast Company, Success, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal. He frequently appears in media, including CBS, MSNBC, NPR, Fox News and Bloomberg Radio, as well as many business and parenting podcasts.
What We Discuss with Scott Behson in This Episode
- Why Scott wrote this book and the pivot required
- The value and importance of treating employees as a whole person
- What young people are looking for in a workplace
- Practical examples of demonstrating value for people
- Taking care of people during each stage of their life
- How small gestures of kindness reap big rewards
- Wages, parental leaves, paid time off, children’s education funds and more
- The future of remote workplaces
- Paying people for performance instead of time
- Reducing turnover and increasing employee engagement
- Applying these principles as a solo entrepreneur
Episode Show Notes: https://tinyurl.com/2p89s27z