Manage episode 294628093 series 2583973
"Don't take it personally when people don't make things accessible for you. It's not that they're trying to do it with any menace. It's just that people don't understand. And, unfortunately, even though it's tiring and it's exhausting, you do have to educate. And, hopefully, by educating, we can make the world a more accessible and better place for everyone." -- Jenna Adair, MHAOK student intern who is legally blind
On today’s episode, we’ll be talking with Jenna Adair and Dr. Jedediah Bragg about helping people with visual impairments connect to mental health treatment services.
- https://webaim.org/techniques/forms/ Creating accessible forms
- nfb.org Blindness info/phone list/resources
- nfbok.org Oklahoma resource for blind
- email@example.com document converter
- https://www.ada.gov/ta_titleiii.html#gen Small business documents that provide guidance
- https://www.washington.edu/accessibility/documents/word/ Guidelines for making accessible documents
- https://www.abledocs.com/en?gclid=Cj0KCQjwzYGGBhCTARIsAHdMTQyDUkuVHa9HYTbHaUlSTneYqWLH_Z9mhb39Yc3y_yO8yq0f2F7Io4QaAtHGEALw_wcB Service to ensure accessibility of docs.