Manage episode 280223450 series 2137790
How convertible bonds work, why they gained 50% in 2020 and outperformed stocks over the past five years. Why Vanguard shut down their convertible bond mutual funds.
Topics discussed include:
- How big is the convertible bond market
- Why companies issue convertible bonds
- How convertible bonds work and how to analyze them
- Why convertible bonds have performed so well
- What is a reasonable expected return for convertible bonds and what are the risks
- What are ways to invest in convertible bonds
For more information on this episode click here.