Manage episode 298618684 series 2137790
How the carbon emissions allowances and carbon offset markets are structured and how to invest in them.
Topics covered include:
- How much greater are the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and how much have average temperatures increased
- Why industries and companies are seeking to cut their greenhouse gas emissions
- How cap and trade emissions trading systems work
- What are the demand and supply dynamics of tradable emission allowances
- What has been the performance of tradeable emission allowances
- How ETFs invest in tradable emission allowances
- How the voluntary carbon offset market is structured and what are the demand and supply dynamics
- Why do companies make voluntary pledges to reduce their carbon footprints
- What are the types of carbon offset projects
- Why it is more difficult to invest in carbon offset markets and how that is changing
The Money For the Rest of Us podcast is ad-supported, but you can support the show and listen to episodes ad-free by becoming a subscriber. Learn about subscribing here.
For more information on this episode click here.