Manage episode 361752114 series 3234219
How we measure wealth, riches, abundance, and well-being is more important today than ever.
Topics covered include:
- How late 18th century philosophers Adam Smith and the Earl of Lauderdale defined wealth and the role of capital. Why they worried about income inequality and excess profits
- What led to the dramatic increase in life expectancy and wealth in the 20th and 21st centuries
- How a long life expectancy and well-being can be attained at much lower levels of wealth
- Why John Maynard Keynes was right about the expansion of the economy but wrong about how many hours we would work
- How the U.S. expanded its wealth relative to the rest of world, and at what cost
- Why natural capital should be included in measuring wealth
For more information on this episode click here.
Money Pickle – Schedule a free 45-minute video chat with a vetted financial advisor and ask them anything about your financial situation. Go here to schedule your free session.
Brooklinen Use code DAVID20 for $20 off plus free shipping
Insiders Guide Email Newsletter