Manage episode 292660910 series 2391657
This episode was previously recorded for "Mormon Sex Info" and is being refurbished here on "Mormon Mental Health Podcast."
Host Lisa Butterworth interviews Kersti Spjut and discuss the Family Acceptance Project. They discuss facts of LDS Parents of LGBTQ youth.
The Family Acceptance Project (familyproject.sfsu.edu) – the absolute best resource. Start here! They have a video and pamphlet specifically for LDS families.
- Mormons Building Bridges (mormonsbuildingbridges.org) have a couple good info pages with links to articles and a glossary of terms.
- Listen, Learn, & Love (listenlearnandlove.org/podcasts): Richard Ostler’s podcast, about the experiences of LGBTQ members of the Church
- PFLAG.org has lots of good resources
- The Trevor Project (thetrevorproject.org) has good resources specifically for addressing suicidality
- Books for parents
- The Transgender Teen by Stephanie Brill & Lisa Kenney
- The Transgender Child by Stephanie Brill & Rachel Papper
- Raising the Transgender Child, by Michele Angello & Alisa Bowman
- This is a Book for Parents of Gay Kids, by Dannielle Owens-Reid
- Unconditional, by Telaina Eriksen
- Lisa Diamond Ted Talk "Born this Way"
To help keep Mormon Mental Health going past 2021, please donate at mormonmentalhealth.org.