Manage episode 335783110 series 2802011
We kick off the first episode of season two with a deep dive into Functional Mushrooms with Alex Dorr
- The evolution of fungi on planet earth
- The development of functional compounds as defense mechanisms
- Co evolution of humans and mushrooms
- Alex Dorr’s introduction to mushrooms
- The History of Mushroom Revival’s Organic Cordyceps militaris farm
- A rundown of 10 famous functional mushrooms everyone should know
- Mycelium vs fruiting bodies 101
- The life cycle of mushrooms
- How to extract mushrooms and which solvents pull which compounds
- False labeling tactics to look out for in the industry
- A comparison of beneficial compounds between mycelium vs fruiting bodies
- Future of the functional mushroom industry
- Finding new species of
- Future of mycology as a whole
We are a functional mushroom company and make 100% certified USDA Organic and Vegan mushroom supplements. We are transparent with our lab results, and use actual fruiting bodies aka mushrooms! We provide our supplements in tincture, capsule, powder, and delicious gummy form.
Energy (Cordyceps): Need a little pick-me-up before a workout or when you’re picking up your kids from school? The Energy Cordyceps is the mushy match for you.
Focus (Lion’s Mane): Needing a little more focus in your daily life? Lion’s Mane is known to be the mushroom for the brain and may support cognitive function.
Calm (Reishi): Looking for some tranquility and zen in your life? Reishi will bring you into the zen state of mind you’ve been searching for.
Daily 10 (Mushroom Mix): It’s like having 10 bodyguard mushrooms fighting off all those bad guys. This is a good place to start as it contains all of the daily mushies you need.
Not sure where to begin? Take our mushroom quiz here.
Use code ‘PODTREAT’ for a 30% discount.