Manage episode 320376858 series 2771508
In this segment, you discuss the ever-changing landscape of social media platforms and the importance of choosing the right ones for your business. Here are the key points covered:
- Hype and Overhype of Social Media Platforms:
- You reflect on the transient nature of social media trends and the hype that often surrounds new platforms.
- Clubhouse as an Example:
- You mention Clubhouse as an example of a platform that gained significant attention but eventually faded from the spotlight.
- TikTok's Popularity:
- You acknowledge the popularity of TikTok but express your reservation about using it, given your focus on other social media platforms.
- Focus on Specific Platforms:
- You emphasize the importance of understanding where your ideal clients gather their information and targeting your efforts accordingly.
- Demographics and Platform Usage:
- You share statistics on social media platform usage and demographics to help businesses make informed decisions.
- Investing Time, Talent, and Money:
- You stress the significance of dedicating time and effort to social media strategies, highlighting the different approach required for each platform.
- LinkedIn Strategy:
- You briefly outline your LinkedIn strategy, including profile optimization, engagement, personalized outreach, and content promotion.
- The Importance of Being Authentic:
- You emphasize the need for authenticity on social media platforms, as people want to engage with the real you, not a hired ghostwriter.
- Choosing a Few Platforms:
- You advise against spreading yourself too thin by trying to be on too many platforms. Instead, focus on a select few that are relevant to your ideal client.
- Authenticity and Engagement:
- You stress the importance of being real, authentic, engaging, and helpful on social media to build meaningful connections.
- Stay Narrow and Go Deep:
- Your ultimate advice is to concentrate on a few platforms that cater to your target audience rather than chasing trends or being on every platform.
By focusing your social media efforts on platforms that align with your ideal client demographics and investing the necessary time and authenticity, you can achieve more meaningful results for your business.
Online Course: Solopreneur 90 Day Launch Plan
Receive weekly tips and perspective emails from Tom on having a professional online business HERE.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/small-biz-essentials/exclusive-content