Manage episode 321989517 series 2771508
In this segment, you address the common dilemma that many individuals face as they progress through their careers and lives, accumulating a diverse set of skills and experiences. You encourage listeners to recognize their unique expertise and consider leveraging it to make a difference in the world. Here are the key points covered:
- Accumulation of Skills: Over time, people often gain proficiency in various areas due to the diverse roles they have undertaken throughout their careers.
- Identity and Retirement: As individuals approach retirement, they may reflect on their skills and knowledge and contemplate their place in the world.
- Connecting the Dots: You suggest that it's essential to find a way to connect the dots and utilize one's skills and experiences effectively.
- Negative Self-Talk: Negative thoughts and self-doubt can hinder personal growth and taking action.
- Overcoming Doubt: You reassure listeners that there is a way to share their knowledge and expertise with the world.
- Online Presence: You introduce the idea of creating an online personal brand business or starting a podcast as a means to reach a global audience.
- Taking Control: You emphasize that taking control of one's negative thoughts and pursuing their passions is a personal responsibility.
- Utilizing What You Know: You suggest that even if someone has written a book that didn't reach a wide audience, they can repurpose their knowledge into an e-book or other formats.
- Learning and Delegation: You encourage listeners to learn new skills or consider delegating tasks they don't know how to do.
- Identifying Your Expertise: You ask listeners to identify that one thing they excel at and want to be known for.
- Personal Branding: Personal branding involves becoming known for a specific expertise or identity that makes an impact.
- Evolution of Identity: While starting with one focus, individuals can evolve their identity and reputation as they gain recognition.
- Example of Mike Kim: You share the example of Mike Kim, a personal brand expert who initially started with a blog and podcast before narrowing his focus.
- LinkedIn Profiles: On LinkedIn, you note that many professionals are known for one or two key areas of expertise, despite being capable of more.
- Taking Action: You encourage listeners to take action, learn, seek coaching, and start building the expert identity they desire.
- Offer of Assistance: You offer to help listeners on their journey through coaching and direct them to your website to book a time slot.
- Abundance of Time: You stress that there is enough time and opportunity to make a difference.
Overall, this segment serves as a motivational message, encouraging individuals to recognize their unique expertise and take steps to share it with the world, whether through an online business or a podcast. It emphasizes the importance of self-belief, taking action, and the abundance of opportunities available to those willing to pursue their passions and knowledge.
Online Course: Solopreneur 90 Day Launch Plan
Receive weekly tips and perspective emails from Tom on having a professional online business HERE.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/small-biz-essentials/exclusive-content