Manage episode 330707307 series 2771508
In this segment of your podcast episode, you emphasize the importance of structure, planning, and having a clear framework when starting a personal brand business to avoid chaos and maximize efficiency. Here are the key points you cover:
Information Overload and the Importance of Structure:
- In today's digital age, we have easy access to vast amounts of information and influence, which can lead to information overload.
- To navigate this overload effectively, having a structured approach is crucial.
Learning from Past Mistakes:
- You share your personal experience of starting a business without a clear strategy, planning, accountability, or support, which resulted in feeling overwhelmed, overworked, and making poor decisions.
- You highlight the importance of learning from these mistakes and using them as valuable lessons.
The 7 Core Building Blocks for a Personal Brand Business:
- You introduce a framework consisting of seven essential building blocks for a personal brand business:Vision: Defining where you want to go and how to get there.
- Website: Creating an online presence that introduces who you are and what you offer.
- Products and Services: Identifying how you can help people solve their problems.
- Marketing Plan: Forming connections with your target audience.
- Copy: Crafting persuasive content to sell products or services.
- Email List: Building relationships with your audience.
- Branding: Developing a consistent identity (visual, verbal, and values).
Interconnected Building Blocks:
- You stress that these building blocks are interconnected and should not be seen as a strict timeline.
- Good copy, for example, is necessary for various aspects of your business, including the website, promotional materials, and branding.
- You acknowledge that this framework is your specific approach and that others may have different core elements to consider.
- The framework focuses on business fundamentals and does not delve into financial aspects, which should be discussed with an accountant.
Benefits of a Structured Approach:
- By following a structured plan and having these building blocks in place, you can stay focused, maintain a sense of purpose, and work toward building a profitable business.
You share how this framework worked for you and express confidence that it can be effective for others as well. This structured approach helps prevent chaos and provides a clear path to achieving business goals.
Book: Pivot by Adam Merkel
Online Course: Solopreneur 90 Day Launch Plan
Receive weekly tips and perspective emails from Tom on having a professional online business HERE.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/small-biz-essentials/exclusive-content