Part 141 - Dr. Fred Provenza on the Hidden Nutrition in Meat and the Ancient Wisdom That Animals and Humans Have Forgotten
Manage episode 305015285 series 2327587
- [05:15] His background
- [8:20] Gabe Brown & local adaptation
- [12:30] Are humans and animals losing their instincts?
- [15:30] Nature is the pharmacy for animals
- [21:30] Why transgenerational links matter
- [24:50] How animals self-medicate
- [29:30] Modern food has hijacked our biology
- [35:20] Science should welcome disagreement
- [40:40] Plants are conscious, sentient, and sacred.
- [43:30] Instinctive eating in animals
- [46:30] Animals correct nutrient deficiencies on their own
- [50:00] How other specifies detoxify plant foods
- [53:30] How tribes deal with parasites and plant toxins
- [57:00] Protein leverage demonstrated in livestock
- [1:03:40] Why protein calories are different
- [1:08:30] Overeating foods to correct mineral deficiencies
- [1:12:30] A diverse diet leads to healthier animals and meat
- [1:17:00] How to get a full range of nutrition
- [1:20:55] Meat quality depends on the diet of the animal
- [1:24:30] Do people on plant-based diets crave meat?
- [1:30:00] The link between our health and the landscape
- [1:33:30] The adopted infant study
- [1:37:30] Ask your ranchers about the diet of their animals
- [1:40:30] The arrogance of the anti-meat agenda
- [1:42:15] Producing our own food & a decentralized food system
- [1:44:30] Is homesteading the future of food production?
GET THE MEAT! http://NosetoTail.org
GET THE FREE SAPIEN FOOD GUIDE! http://Sapien.org