Manage episode 337255796 series 2385063
AlphaFold is an AI system developed by DeepMind that predicts a protein’s 3D structure from its amino acid sequence. It regularly achieves accuracy competitive with experiment, and is accelerating research in nearly every field of biology. Daniel and Chris delve into protein folding, and explore the implications of this revolutionary and hugely impactful application of AI.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
Notes and Links
- AlphaFold reveals the structure of the protein universe
- AlphaFold: Timeline of a breakthrough
- AlphaFold Protein Structure Database
- GitHub: deepmind / alphafold
- Oxford Protein Informatics Group: AlphaFold 2 is here: what’s behind the structure prediction miracle
- Nature: How AlphaFold can realize AI’s full potential in structural biology
- Nature: ‘The entire protein universe’: AI predicts shape of nearly every known protein
- Nature: Highly accurate protein structure prediction with AlphaFold
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!