The Content Sausage Factory, Christopher Willis Returns and is that a Fish in Robert's Cocktail Episode
Manage episode 332576034 series 2770185
This week Ian Truscott and regular guest, rockstar strategy advisor Jeff Clark, former Research Director at SiriusDecisions/Forrester, take their monthly trip to the Rockstar CMO Swimming Pool, our portal to hell for all the BS, snake oil, and over-hyped trends that plague this industry we love. In this episode, they review a couple of nominations from Cathy McKnight and Harry Morton and discuss measuring the amount of content we put in the commoditized content sausage factory.
This week's guest is Christopher P. Willis, Acrolinx's Chief Marketing Officer, who was last on the show in episode 85. Chris has over 20 years of experience growing companies in the technology sector and held leadership roles in marketing, creative, technical, and business development at companies including Perfecto, Pyxis Mobile, KPMG-CT, ModelGolf, and Cambridge Technology Group. Chris is a recognized thought leader in AI, DEI, and Content Governance. He is active within industry groups dedicated to the growth and health of Marketing Technology and the verticals he serves. Ian and Chris discuss his sales velocity metric, the role of the Chief Pipeline Officer, and the relationship between the CMO and CRO.
Finally, we retire to the Rockstar CMO virtual bar, where Robert Rose tells a story about fish over a cocktail.
- Ian Truscott on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Chris P. Willis on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Robert Rose on Twitter, LinkedIn, and The Content Advisory
Mentioned in this week's episode:
- Previous interviews with Cathy McKnight (Episode 106) and Harry Morton (Episode 116)
- Last interview with Chris Willis
- Chris chatting with Drew Neisser on Renegade Marketers Unite
- Robert talks about the fish in water story in the CMI Newsletter
- Robert's The Content Advisory Blog
- Robert's latest project: Experience Advisory
- Rockstar CMO on the web, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Previous episodes and all show notes: Rockstar CMO FM
- Rockstar CMO Advisors
- Piano Music is by Johnny Easton, shared under a creative commons license
- Stienski & Mass Media – We'll be right back on YouTube
- Too Much by the Dave Matthews Band on Spotify
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices