Manage episode 377749498 series 3470181
The global fungi industry is expanding like wildfire right now.
Innovation is happening in every which way, from companies using fungi to remediate toxic soil, to mycelium-based meat replacements, to myco-materials used to create leather and packaging replacements, medicinal mushroom supplements, and of course, psilocybin-assisted therapy.
And if there's one person on this earth that knows more about the great entrepreneurs leveraging fungal solutions to unique problems, it's my guest on today's show, Marc Violo.
Marc saw a need to consolidate and visualize all the different arenas of fungal innovation, which led him to creating the MycoStories Fungi Industry Map.
We’ll discuss the map and how Marc created it, tips for keeping track of the industry, and resources for further learning. Marc also talks about his current “Fungi World Tour”, in which he is traveling around the globe to meet entrepreneurs and see the innovations they’re creating. Finally, we’ll delve into the future of the fungi industry, and what needs to happen for companies to produce impactful solutions at scale
- 0:00 - Intro
- 3:45 - MycoStories Fungi Industry Map
- 9:07 - Resources and tips for tracking the industry
- 13:00 - Fungi World Tour
- 16:00 - Theoretical investment strategy
- 18:24 - Future of the Fungi Industry
- 26:44 - Psilocybin and Psychedelics
- 32:39 - Collaboration in Fungi Industry
- 37:38 - Connections in Myco-sphere
- 42:30 - Marc’s journey to MycoStories
- 48:35 - Future of MycoStories
- 53:50 - Outro
Download the MycoStories Fungi Industry Map
Theme Music: Lacuna (ft. Sunsquabi) by Cloudchord
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.