Manage episode 299692935 series 2909594
Your host Bryce Henson interviews young successful entrepreneur AJ Pope, owner of Norwalk Connecticut’s Fit Body Bootcamp facility. AJ has been passionate about running a business from a young age and excelled at school, landing him an internship at Disney World at age 17 where he learned valuable skills that he shares with us today. Listen in to hear about what it was like working for Disney, the amazing training and customer service values they teach. Learn what it is like to open a gym at a young age and even during a pandemic on today’s episode.
- 00:50 - Host Bryce introduces today's guest AJ Pope, owner of Norwalk, Connecticut Fit Body Bootcamp.
- 2:00 - AJ shares his background in marketing and how he was able to work for Disney World in Florida before the pandemic after interning at 17 years old.
- 7:10 - Bryce asks AJ to share what it was like working at Disney, hear about his training and the customer service skills he acquired.
- 15:30 - AJ shares with us his biggest highlight and challenge from his experience working at Disney.
- 20:30 - Learn about AJ’s journey into finding Fit Body Bootcamp and opening his own branch with his Dad.
- 25:30 - Hear AJ’s experience as an owner of a Fit Body Bootcamp in his first year and how he was able to open a gym during the pandemic.
- 31:40 - AJ tells us what it is like living in New York and running a gym in Connecticut and the reasons he chose Connecticut to open his facility.
- 34:00 - Learn from a newcomer's point of view business concepts and challenges running a gym with no prior experience.
- 38:45 - AJ breaks down one of his most exciting programs at the gym, the “New Year New You” challenge.
- 44:15 - Bryce asks AJ to tell us what his zone of genius is that has allowed him to be so successful at such a young age.
- 48:40 - Bryce’s Lightning round Q&A. Q: What was your biggest obstacle as a young kid? A: Feeling like I needed a road map of what you need to do and where you need to go. Q: What is the best advice you have received? A: You can sleep when you're dead. Q: Book recommendation? A: “Man Up” by Bedros Keuilian.
- 52:30 - AJ’s parting wisdom, “Do something that makes you happy” and be the best of the best.
“Do something that makes you happy and be the best of the best.”
Follow us on the Socials: