Manage episode 325497151 series 2930339
In this episode we talk about launching Dagger with all four founders: Andrea, Eric, Sam & Solomon.
While you may remember Sam & Solomon from episode 23, this time we assembled all four superheroes in this story and went deeper, covering nearly three years of refinements, the launch, as well as the world-class team & community that is coming together to solve the next problem of shipping software. Container images and Kubernetes are great steps in the right direction, but now it’s time for the next leap into the future.
You can use Dagger to run your CI/CD pipelines locally, without needing to commit and push. You can also use Dagger as a Makefile alternative, which resonates with Gerhard, but go further and your perspective on documentation & automation may start shifting.
Gerhard believes that this is the Docker moment of CI/CD.
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- OpenZiti by NetFoundry – Programmable network overlay and associated edge components for application-embedded, zero-trust networking. Check it out at netfoundry.io/changelog
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- FireHydrant – The reliability platform for every developer. Incidents impact everyone, not just SREs. FireHydrant gives teams the tools to maintain service catalogs, respond to incidents, communicate through status pages, and learn with retrospectives. Try FireHydrant free for 14 days at firehydrant.io
- MongoDB – An integrated suite of cloud database and services — They have a FREE forever tier, so you can prove to yourself and to your team that they have everything you need. Check it out today at mongodb.com/changelog
- Andrea Luzzardi – Twitter, GitHub
- Eric Bardin – Twitter, LinkedIn
- Sam Alba – Twitter, GitHub
- Solomon Hykes – Twitter, GitHub
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- 🎧 Ship It #23: A universal deployment engine
- 📰 Public launch announcement
- 💬 Dagger launch discussion on Hacker News
- ✨ dagger.io: A portable devkit for CI/CD pipelines
- 🐙 dagger/dagger on GitHub
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!