Manage episode 322327319 series 2930340
In this week’s episode Cameron Dutro, a software engineer at GitHub, Ship It listener and someone with an extraordinary attention to detail, joins us to talk about Kuby, a convention-over-configuration approach to deploying Rails apps.
The question that we will be trying to answer is what happened to Rails Active Deployment. The path to that promise land is paved with good intentions, but it’s complicated.
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Shortcut – The first project management platform for software development that brings every team across the org together to build better products. More than 10,000 companies from all over the world use Shortcut to plan, collaborate, and build better software together.
- OpenZiti by NetFoundry – Programmable network overlay and associated edge components for application-embedded, zero-trust networking. Check it out at netfoundry.io/changelog
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Rewatch – Rewatch gives product and engineering teams async superpowers and helps them move faster with greater clarity. Imagine all of your team’s videos, all in one place. Record, organize, and share the videos that your team needs to ship great work. Get started for free with 14-day trial at rewatch.com.
Notes and Links
- Deploy Your Rails App the Easy Way
- 🎧 The Ruby on Rails Podcast #339 kuby & Rails Deployments with Cameron Dutro
- deliver - LRUG, March 2013
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!