Manage episode 376834877 series 2583350
In the Apostle Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians, he wrote, “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”
What does putting away the ways of childhood and stepping into manhood look like?
My guest says it requires making five key shifts in mindset and perspective. His name is Jon Tyson, and he’s a pastor and the creator of the Primal Path, a rite of passage geared toward helping boys become men. Today on the show, Jon and I unpack the five shifts of manhood and how parents and mentors can help young men make them and move from immaturity to maturity.
Resources Related to the Podcast
- Jon’s previous appearance on the AoM podcast: Episode #810 — How to Turn a Boy Into a Man
- The Intentional Father: A Practical Guide to Raise Sons of Courage and Character by Jon Tyson
- AoM Article: What Is Manliness?
- Adam’s Return: The Five Promises of Male Spirituality by Richard Rohr
- AoM Podcast #708: Overcome the Comfort Crisis
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- “The Courage to Face Ingratitude” by William George Jordan
- “This Is Water” by David Foster Wallace
- The 33 Marks of Maturity
Connect With Jon Tyson