Ep. 61: The role of momentum and velocity in propelling Blackberry's epic run from $2M to $20B in sales with Dennis Kavelman, Partner at Inovia Capital (Former CFO / COO at Blackberry)
Manage episode 285178537 series 1490557
Thông tin tác giả Shubham Datta được phát hiện bởi Player FM và cộng đồng của chúng tôi - bản quyền thuộc sở hữu của nhà sản xuất (publisher), không thuộc về Player FM, và audio được phát trực tiếp từ máy chủ của họ. Bạn chỉ cần nhấn nút Theo dõi (Subscribe) để nhận thông tin cập nhật từ Player FM, hoặc dán URL feed vào các ứng dụng podcast khác.
I chat with Dennis about:
- His 15 year run as the CFO and COO of Blackberry after joining the company when it was virtually unknown, with just 20 employees and roughly $2-million in revenue back in 1995. During this time Blackberry grew to more than 15,000 employees and sales of $20B. Dennis had a front-row seat for the company’s explosive growth from startup to global player. He also helped take Blackberry public as CFO.
- What made Blackberry into a global success story and how the company evolved from 20 to 15,000 employees and $20B in sales.
- Blackberry’s co-CEO management structure and whether it is something he recommends to companies today.
- How he managed to continuously evolve as Blackberry grew to remain “qualified” for the role having minimal prior experience.
- How he transitioned into the world of venture as a Partner at Inovia Capital and his focus area at the firm.
- What advice or key learnings he shares with the up and coming emerging technology companies of today.
- Hiring top talent.