Manage episode 302932616 series 2860275
Today I’m joined by Amy McLaren, mother of two, philanthropist and entrepreneur (founder of Village Impact and Lady Strength), author, and soon-to-be speaker at MamaCon 2021!
Village Impact is a Canadian charity which is focused on building schools for children in Africa.
For those of you who are interested in starting a charity or a similar business, this podcast will be an interesting story, as Amy shares:
- Where she started
- How she started and grew her charitable venture
- How she narrowed down her “core” message
- What were some of the roadblocks she encountered along the way
- Her tips of how she balances her businesses with family as a mompreneur
- How it’s like living with another entrepreneur in the house
- Her parenting tips on financial education with her kids
- Why she wrote her book, and what it’s all about
Links Mentioned in this Episode:
MamaCon 2021 - GET YOUR TICKETS NOW: www.mamasandco.com/mamacon
Village Impact Website: https://villageimpact.com/
Lady Strength Website: https://ladystrength.com/
Amy’s book: passion to purpose (https://amymclaren.com/passion-to-purpose-book/)
Amy’s Instagram: @amydowmclaren
MamaCon is back and it's bigger and better than ever before! We are thrilled to be hosting this year's MamaCon live and in person at the stunning Globe & Mail Centre in Toronto Canada. Grab your ticket at https://www.mamasandco.com/mamacon - we can't wait to see you there!