Manage episode 338066454 series 2861765
With a whole range of supplements on the market claiming to both help optimize your pet’s everyday health as well as treat all manner of different diseases, it can be impossible to know where to start.
Unfortunately many (or even most) fail to live up to their marketing hype.
Today though, we’re diving into the world of mushrooms and exploring how they could play a crucial role in keeping your dog and cat as healthy as possible.
Topics covered include:
- What are mushrooms and how are they different from other herbs and supplements?
- Can mushrooms be used to maintain optimal health or treat certain diseases (or both)?
- What is the evidence to support their use?
- What are the main active ingredients of medicinal mushrooms?
- Are there any side effects to be aware of or any individuals where mushrooms would not be appropriate?
- What makes a high quality mushroom product?
- How to integrate mushrooms into your pet’s wellness care
Head to the show notes to find out more about mushroom supplements and their health benefits for pets