Manage episode 345364738 series 2926696
In this very special special and personal episode, we interview co-host John Montoya's wife, Kelly Vail, about her battle with cancer.
As a business owner, Kelly started IBC as a way to be more efficient with her cash flow. Little did she know that, years later, the living benefits of whole life insurance would literally save her life.
When the healthcare system had no answers and gave her only months to live, the access to money created by her whole life and disability insurance gave her the flexibility and space that she needed to take matters into her own hands.
Kelly has documented her journey, including the treatment path she took to get healthy on her blog here:
● (0:17) - Episode start and introduction
● (1:15) - What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)? How people view it and it’s limitations
● (7:35) - The opportunity cost of HSAs, blurring the line between saving/investing
● (9:40) - Why IBC is the best rainy day fund for medical expenses
● (12:30) - Introduction to Kelly Montoya, her story and her battle with breast cancer
● (20:03) - What Kelly realized about her health insurance coverage, using her IBC policy to get the treatment she needed
● (25:45) - The reality of supplementing your income with disability, how Kelly actually utilized her IBC policy
● (34:08) - IBC gave Kelly an alternative path that was literally life-changing, some big news
● (40:25) - The last 7 months, the role that IBC played, episode wrap
About your hosts:
Hosts John Montoya and John Perrings are dedicated to spreading the word about The Infinite Banking Concept® so you can discover for yourself how you and your loved ones can benefit with a virtual streamlined process that will take you from IBC novice to sharing the strategy with friends and family... even the skeptics!
John Montoya is the founder of JLM Wealth Strategies, began his career in financial services in 1998 and is both an Authorized IBC® and Bank on Yourself® professional licensed nationwide.
John Perrings started StackedLife Financial Strategies after a 20-year career in the startup world of Silicon Valley where he specialized in data center real estate, finance, and construction. John is an Authorized Infinite Banking® professional and works nationwide.
Connect with us: